My Evening with Joyce Meyer
If you’ve been following this blog for awhile, you know that every now and then I share random thoughts or ideas. Today is one of those days. I was just thinking about my evening with Joyce Meyer.
A couple of weeks ago Joyce Meyer was in town. I’m a big fan of hers and her style of bringing a message across. Well her message this particular evening was – It’s Never Too Late. She reminded us that when you’re going through something, quitting is not an option. Instead of giving up – get up and keep it moving! The people who make it to the finish line are the ones who refuse to quit!
What a wonderful reminder! The best part of what she said is that any of us can apply those words/idea to our current situation or some aspect of our life. Whether you’re a writer, someone who is trying to drop a few pounds, a job seeker, or an entrepreneur – if you refuse to quit, you can make it to the finish line.
Joyce (I feel I know her well enough to call her by her first name) gave twelve things for us to keep in mind while we’re going through. Keep in mind, the list is from the notes I took. So everything might not be grammatically correct for you scholars out there, and it didn’t help that I was writing super fast. With that said, I think you’ll still get the gist of her message.
- When you’re hurting don’t go wild and attack. Learn to control your mouth while you’re hurting and keep your focus on God and what He has done in your life.
- Don’t withdraw or hide yourself and get depressed because you’re in the “pit.” Remember you can be pitiful OR powerful. You’re not the only one on the planet who is suffering.
- Don’t believe the lie that God is punishing you for something you did in the past. The Bible says that God remembers our sins no more.
- Don’t blame and get mad at God.
- When you’re hurting, don’t ever think there’s no way out. Take God’s hand and let Him walk you to a place of peace (study His Word). Be an overcomer (don’t give up – anybody can quit). No pouting and feeling sorry for yourself. KEEP DREAMING – YOUR DREAMS MIGHT COME TRUE.
- To passively fight injustice, do all the good you can do – that will defeat the devil. Overcome evil by doing something good. God has a plan and can work good out of bad.
- When you’re hurting, keep your commitments – keep your word. Be honorable people (Galatians 6:9).
- Hang on to your integrity (remember while you’re going through, you’re growing spiritually).
- When you’re hurting don’t stop giving.
- When you’re hurting don’t trust your thoughts or feelings (go to the Word). Make sure your thoughts are in line with the Word of God.
- Trust God and say so (God I trust you!) – Psalm 91:2
- Be thankful and don’t complain.
I know these reminders helped me and hopefully they can help you or someone you know. Be blessed.