Hi All! It’s the holiday season and what better way to kick it off than with awesome books and great giveaways? It’s that time of the year where we celebrate our love for characters of color in romantic fiction in the Color of Love Blog Hop. From November 27th thru December 6th, not only do you get to meet some great writers, but you also get a chance to win LOTS of books and prizes (including a $75 gift card)! But first, let me tell you about my Color of Love featured novel.
I write multi-cultural, African American, and interracial romance and I know love has no color. That’s one of several reasons why I typically gravitate to romance novels for my reading pleasure, and it doesn’t hurt that I’m guaranteed a happily-ever-after.
In my featured novel, TEMPTING THE ARTIST, book 3 of the Jenkins Family Series, Christina “CJ” Jenkins, a free-spirited painter by trade is juggling her obligation to the family construction business, with the demands of her secret passion. A secret life she has successfully hidden until recently. When sexy, bad-boy attorney, Luke Hayden, enters the picture, he steals her heart. But the truth of Christina’s double life buried under lies, threatens to destroy them both.
Luke is leaving New York to escape the drama, which is his life. Starting over in Cincinnati with Christina appeals to him more than he will admit. Although her secret jeopardizes their steamy affair, it’s not until someone threatens to destroy the Jenkins family empire, and uses Luke to carry out their plan, that their relationship is truly tested. Luke will do what he can to help the Jenkins family, but he will stop at nothing to tempt the woman who has captured his heart.
“Wha … what are you doing up?” she finally asked.
“I don’t sleep well without you in my bed.” His slumber-filled voice was deep and intoxicating. She had no doubt that he meant what he said. When she wasn’t in New York visiting him, he rarely slept in the bed, preferring the sofa in his home office. He’d often stay at work until nine or ten at night, only to arrive home and work for another few hours. She had no idea how he functioned with only three or four hours of sleep each night.
Luke moved across the room with the stealth of a lion, closing in on its prey. With a lean body, his sculpted chest and muscular biceps stood out. That quiet control swimming in his eyes, with a twinge of fearlessness, rooted her in place and had her heart pounding double-time. She was sure that look played well into him being one of the top defense attorneys at his New York law firm.
“What’s wrong? You’ve been distracted since we returned from the art show.” The richness of his baritone voice washed over her like a smooth, satiny caress. And he smelled so good. The fresh scent of soap permeated the air as if he had just stepped out of the shower. His voice, his scent, and all that made him the man he was, weakened her defenses and sent her senses spiraling out of control.
He pulled her effortlessly against his hard body and her arms slid easily around his neck. What she felt for him was unlike anything she had ever experienced. There was just something about him. Something about the way his welcoming embrace evoked a sense of peace that settled over her like a goose down jacket all snuggly and warm. And there was something about the way his self-assuredness gave her the desire to experience the world through his eyes, making her want to try new things and live life on the edge.
Christina moaned as his body molded against hers, chest to chest and thigh to thigh. He felt too good. It wasn’t helping that the feathery kisses he placed along the length of her neck were reigniting the smoldering heat from hours earlier. She couldn’t think straight. Couldn’t think straight when he looked at her, or when he kissed her, or when he touched her. An experienced lover, his caress had her body bending to his will.
“Maybe you should come back to bed so that I can make you forget your troubles.”
“Or maybe you can make me forget my troubles right here … right now.”
About the Giveaways:
First – here’s what I’m giving away:
1st Prize – A $20 Amazon gift card (you must be on my email mailing list to be eligible for this prize). If you’re not on my mailing list, it’s not too late! To join, just click here.
2nd Prize – A $5 Amazon gift card and an ecopy of ALL YOU’LL EVER NEED, book 2 of the Jenkins Family Series.
How to enter to win:
In the comment section below, answer one of the following questions: What do you enjoy most about IR/Multi-cultural romance novels? Or, why do you read romance novels? NOTE: Don’t forget to leave your response in the comment section below. You do not have to leave your email address.
***Deadline for this giveaway: December 6, 2015, 11:59 EST. Winners for my giveaway will be randomly chosen and their names listed in the comments section below on Monday, December 7, 2015. NOTE: I will notify winners via email prior to posting their names.
NOW for the grand prizes!
This is how the blog hop giveaways work. Each blog stop (50 blogs) is giving away prizes AND the blog hop has SIX (6) grand prizes as well! You can go to EACH blog stop and see what they’re giving away AND you can to win the grand prizes. That means you can enter at all 50 blog stops!
1st Prize $75 giftcard & 6 ebooks (from various authors)
2nd Prize $50 giftcard & 5 ebooks (from various authors)
3rd Prize $30 giftcard & 5 ebooks (from various authors)
4th Prize $15 giftcard & 5 ebooks (from various authors)
5th Prize $10 giftcard & 5 ebooks (from various authors)
6th Prize $5 giftcard & 5 ebooks (from various authors)
For the Grand Prizes, here’s how to enter: Rafflecopter
Note: Here are some of the books being given away.
Participating blog sites.
|1.||Love Bites and Silk||15.||Courtney Sheets||29.||Elle Wright|
|2.||Kiru Taye, Author (INT)||16.||Bookswagger||30.||Kathy Bosman|
|3.||Nana Prah||17.||Lea Bronsen’s Crazy Nights||31.||Joyfully Reviewed|
|4.||Empi Baryeh, Author||18.||Sharon C. Cooper||32.||Natasha Blackthorne|
|5.||Sexy Romance Novels||19.||Sharita Lira||33.||Chanta Rand on Reviews By Crystal|
|6.||Raven McAllan||20.||V.S. Morgan||34.||allyn lesley|
|7.||Georgia Lyn Hunter||21.||Kim Golden||35.||Mina Khan|
|8.||Lily Harlem||22.||Monlatable Book Reviews||36.||Reana Malori|
|9.||Lucy Felthouse||23.||Musings Of A Romance Junkie||37.||Roxy Wilson|
|10.||Laurel Cremant||24.||Sydney Aaliyah Michelle||38.||Ambrielle Kirk|
|11.||Kenya Wright||25.||Ines Johnson||39.||G.L Tomas|
|12.||In The Pages of a Good Book||26.||Told Ya’ So||40.||Rebellious Cupid Book Reviews|
|13.||LENA HART||27.||Dariel Raye||41.||J.L. Campbell|
|14.||Candace Shaw||28.||L. Penelope|
Okay, so I can’t speak for every author, but for me, there are days when I just don’t feel like writing, or feel like being creative. I know, I know, I probably shouldn’t admit that, but it’s true. But then something awesome happens. I get an email or a FB message from a reader discussing my characters as if they know them personally! And others who ask questions, make suggestions (smile), and tell me they love my work and for me to keep writing!
When those messages come through, I feel as if I can take on the world! For real!
I absolutely love when readers take the time out of their busy schedules to drop me a line regarding one or more of my books! And for the last couple of months, the correspondences have been plenty -which I really, really love! I have to admit that the emails have been so timely and extremely encouraging, making me want to keep writing!
Now, there have been questions from readers that have come up several times in said emails. So I figured I’d address some of those questions on a larger platform. See below for questions that have come in regarding specific books/series.
OPERATION MIDNIGHT / REUNITED SERIES
- First let me say -I LOVE Wiz too! Lol. I’m so glad readers fell more in love with Wiz!
- Question: Will Travis, Hunter & Stan get their own story? My response: Though Operation Midnight is the last book in the Reunited Series, I do have plans for Travis and Hunter AND maybe Stan.
- Question: Will Midnight (Keisha) get her own story? My response: Never say never, but as of right now, I don’t have anything planned for her.
- Question: Will Victoria get her own story? My response: Again, never say never…but I don’t think so.
A DOSE OF PASSION
- Question: I loved little Jason! Why wasn’t he in the story more? My response: Since this was a Harlequin Kimani book, I tried to adhere by their rules and /or suggestions. I had him in the book more (along with a few other things), but was strongly encouraged to take out some of the scenes with him (and other things). So the story was toned down some, but I’m happy with the way A Dose of Passion turned out.
- Questions/Comment: Please tell me Janna is getting a story. Another question: When is Janna’s story coming out? My response: Yes, Janna has a story and the release day is April 1, 2016. NOTE: This story is available for preorder on all retailers. Here’s the link to Amazon.
- Question: Is Derek’s brother, Keith, getting a story? My response: Never say never, but as of right now, I don’t have a story for him.
- Question: Is Tania (Nash’s niece) getting a story? My response: Again, never say never…but I don’t think so.
- Oh and one of my favorite questions –
- Question: What did Macy do with her house after she married Derek? This one I laughed out loud. My response: I have no idea. Lol!
TEMPTING THE ARTIST
- Question: Is Christina pregnant? My response: No she is not pregnant. Sorry.
- Question: Loved the way you described Christina’s paintings. Do you paint? My response: I do, but I typically only do abstract paintings – no nudes (smile).
- Question: Will Ben Jr. get a story? My response: I have some ideas for a spin off of the Jenkins Family Series that will include the male cousins. Stay tuned.
- Question: Why didn’t Christina and Luke get married? My response: I didn’t think they were ready for marriage since they still had some individual issues to work through. BUT, they will get married soon. Stay tuned for the next two books in the Jenkins Family series – Negotiating for Love and Seducing the Boss Lady (release dates revealed soon).
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of my readers out there! I love you all and so appreciate your support and encouragement!
Hi All, I just found out that a couple of my Harlequin Kimani ebooks (LEGAL SEDUCTION & SIN CITY TEMPTATION) are on sale for $1.99! Just in time for the weekend! So if you haven’t read them and you’re looking for that perfect weekend read, now’s the time to grab your copy while it’s on sale! NOTE: I have no idea how long they’ll be on sale, so grab your copy today!
SIN CITY TEMPTATION
- A Dose of Passion
- Atlanta restaurant
- Blog Guest
- Blog Hop
- Blue Roses
- Books by Sharon C. Cooper
- Business Start-up
- Coming Soon
- Debut Novel
- God's word
- Good News
- Guest Post
- Hump Day
- Jenkins Family Series
- Just Thinking
- Legal Seduction
- Model Attraction
- Months in Review
- Morehouse Men
- Negotiating for Love
- New Release
- Operation Midnight
- Rendezvous with Danger
- Romantic Suspense
- Romantic Times
- Secret Rendezvous
- Seducing the Boss Lady
- Sin City Temptation
- Sneak Peek
- Something New – Novel
- Special Guest – Interviews
- Sweet Romance
- Tempting the Artist
- The Bennett Triplets
- Truth or Consequences